The first major update for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition is available to download noew.
Patch 2.1.0 brings several changes to the game, including a ‘What’s New’ screen and Greater Rifts; new infinite dungeons that get increasingly challenging as you progress.
Here are the full patch notes:
“What’s New” Screen
- A “What’s New” screen will now appear whenever a player logs into the game after a new patch has been installed (and pressing “Start” at the Main Menu). As the name suggests, this screen will provide a quick overview of new features included in the patch.
- When adventuring in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts, players will have a chance to encounter a new randomized environment: The Cesspools. Originally designed as the sewers of Westmarch, this festering, dank underworld is now ready to explore and plunder!
- Whenever Treasure Goblins are defeated, there’s now a chance they will spawn a new type of portal through which players can enter. Inside this mysterious new realm known as “The Vault,” mighty treasures await…along with Sanctuary’s newest boss: the Baroness Greed.
- Please note that portals to The Vault can only be accessed in Adventure Mode, and that they will not appear inside Nephalem Rifts or Greater Rifts.
- Greater Rifts are a special type of timed Nephalem Rift. There are an infinite number of Greater Rift levels, and each level will be progressively more difficult than the last. Upon completing a Greater Rift, players will be able to choose between one of two rewards: a chance to upgrade their Legendary Gems or (if they complete the Greater Rift level within its allotted time) the opportunity to move on to the next Greater Rift level. Players can continue progressing through Greater Rift levels so along as they complete the current Rift level before its timer expires.
- Please note that Greater Rifts can only be accessed in Adventure Mode.
- Legendary Gems are a new type of gem that can drop in Greater Rifts and The Vault and will offer powerful abilities when socketed into Rings and Amulets. Players will have the opportunity to upgrade their Legendary Gems over time by completing Greater Rifts.
- Ramalandni’s Gift is a new Legendary item that will allow players to add a socket to any weapon that does not already have one. This item can drop randomly in the game world and will be consumed on use.